I grew up in a church culture that didn't really make much of it, but Advent is one of my favourite times of the year. I've tried to find different ways of engaging with the season of Advent before on my old blog,
Dust Bunnies, but this year, I thought I'd join in with an Advent Photo A Day challenge on Instagram. There are lots out there, but I've gone with the Rethink Church challenge, from the US United Methodists. I'm discovering that what I like about this is that I haven't set the theme for each day, so instead of just loitering in thematic territory with which I'm comfortable, I find myself having to do a bit of work, which means paying greater attention to, and reflecting more deeply on the coming of Jesus than I might otherwise.
Below is a gallery of this week's pictures. I haven't posted much from day to day in the way of explanation for each photo. Maybe you'd interpret the theme in a completely different way.
 |
| Open |
 |
| Presence |
 |
| Kindles |
 |
| Known |
 |
| Percieved |
 |
| Awesome |
 |
| Remember |
 |
| Tenderly |
If you feel like joining in with the photo challenge, you can find more information
here. Giants & Pilgrims' beautiful new Advent-themed album,
The Joyous Mysteries, is available
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment