Monday, 18 December 2017

Advent Photos - Part 2

This Advent, I've been taking part in the Rethink Church Advent Photo-A-Day Challenge. Here are the photos I've taken over the past week :


Prepare: I somehow found myself agreeing to sing at a carol service
dressed as an elf. I needed a hat. Fortunately, I have a good sized fabric stash.



Glory: God's glory is like someone I catch a glimpse of as they 
disappear round a corner, or like the setting sun between trees.
I know it's there, but I don't always manage to keep it in sight. 



Voice: in the youth small group that we (my husband, my friend and I) lead, 
we wrote letters of support to prisoners of conscience. 


Might: https://open.spotify.com/track/1OASalZ8rCFS0pdlobUyfY



Carry: each year, we have the opportunity to fill gift bags for
vulnerable people in our city.




News: yesterday, I sang backing vocals for Santa. :-)




You may have noticed that I'm a photo short here. For several days last week I wasn't able to do whole lot because of back problems, but I did listen to a lot of music, and the old carol It Came Upon A Midnight Clear seemed to sing extra loudly to me (particularly the verse about 'painful steps'). So, fitting quite nicely with the theme of 'revealed', I give you an audio snapshot from my favourite Christmas album of 2017: https://giantsandpilgrims.bandcamp.com/track/it-came-upon-a-midnight-clear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advent Photos - Part 3

They're a little late, but here's the third and final collection of photos I took as part of the Rethink Church Advent Photo-A-Day C...